Designation Systems for Power Plants (KKS, RDS-PP)
The conversion of sector-specific specifications for structuring principles and reference designation rules on technical products and technical product documentation of power plants are taking place with KKS respectively RDS-PP.
Thereby the designation blocks for the clear identification and localization of the technical products are specified, which are used for their labelling in the plant, for their designation in technical documents and for the designation of the technical documents as well.
The requirements were created for:
- uniform designation of all power plant processes and all power plant types,
- language-independent codes to ensure international applicability,
- consistent designation for planning, licensing, construction, operation, maintenance and decommissioning,
- common applicability in mechanical, electrical, I&C and civil engineering, with the simultaneous possibility to designate according to function, product and location aspects.
KKS and RDS-PP® can generally applied to all power generation and storage technologies, e.g.:
- Thermal Power Plants
- Coal Power Plants
- Combined Cycle Power Plant
- Gas-fired Power Plants
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Hydro Power Plants
- Wind Power Plants
- Biomass Power Plants
- Photovoltaik Power Plants
- Solar Thermal Power Plants
- Geothermal Power Plants
- Power to Gas Plants
- Plants for Air Separation and Coal Gasification
- Plants for CO2 Capture
In dependency of the erection period and site-specific view the following designation systems are used: