Decommissioning and Disposal
The Technical Committee Decommissioning and Disposal serves as a platform in order to co-ordinate technical questions concerning the decommissioning and the disposal of nuclear power plants incl. interim storage and nuclear fuel supply.
The Technical Committee (TC) "Decommissioning and Disposal" serves as a platform in order to co-ordinate technical questions concerning the decommissioning and the disposal of nuclear power plants incl. interim storage and nuclear fuel supply.
|The TC focuses mainly on the following topics:
- Nuclear fuel supply (current supply situation, membership in the European Supply Agency Board, control of nuclear materials),
- Waste management policy (legislative initiatives of the Federal Government and of the EU),
- Evidence of disposal and recycling feasibility according to the German Atomic Law (AtG),
- Costs of the nuclear fuel cycle (annual re-evaluation for external use),
- Interim storage of nuclear fuels,
- Decommissioning (decommissioning projects, national and international projects on safety standards).
|The following Working Panels (WP) are assigned to the Technical Committee (TC):
The technical committee (TC) has implemented working groups (WG) to fulfill further tasks, e.g.:
- WG Plutonium Utilisation
- WG Uranium Standards
Nuclear power plants and their corresponding disposal facilities in Germany
Download here the brochure and slides:
- Waste disposal for nuclear power plants: A technologically solved challenge
Brochure DIN A4 from 2012
↓ PDF 6.6 MB
↓ PPT 6.8 MB