Global Approach and Support to EURELECTRIC
- Share experience among members (legal, licensing, technical evolution...)
- Exchange information about relevant environmental activities (working groups, ongoing and planned studies / research projects)
and propose new activities or working groups if needed
- Provide technical expertise as input to the policy making and strategic work of EURELECTRIC
- Contribute to the European information exchange process on BAT and to BREFs
- Follow the activities of governments of EU member states regarding EPRTR inventory
- Collect information from the members to support position papers
- Review the impact and the national implementation of EU environmental legislation and proposals on power plant operation
- Follow the European development in licensing of power plants
Environment Management and Technology
- Accompany developments in power plants of e.g.
- energy efficiency
- flue gas cleaning technologies
- water management
- product, waste and residues management
- noise control
- co-combustion of biomass and waste
- monitoring and reporting of emissions
- CO2 management / trading
Some Specific Aspects
- Discuss problems, e.g. decommissioning of plants, ambient air quality regulations, health effects, climate change...
- Anticipate developments, e.g. Hg, N2O (ozone depletion) etc.