VGB Innovation Award
The VGB Research Foundation has awarded outstanding performance of young university graduates working in the field of power and heat generation for more than 30 years.
The 10,000 € award is donated by the VGB Research Foundation for outstanding achievements by young university graduates or professionals working in the field of generation and storage of power and heat (age limit: 35 years).
The work can relate either to innovation in the operation of power and heat generation plants, or to new findings in research.
Starting in 2019, the prize is awarded in the two categories "application-oriented" and "future-oriented" with suitable different evaluation criteria. Therefore, the nomination category has to be indicated in the proposal form.
The achievement must have been proved by a publication by the end of the calendar year preceding the nomination. A thesis is not considered a publication.
An overview of the previous awardees can be found here.
- The VGB Research Foundation yearly awards the VGB Innovation Award for an outstanding achievement by young university graduates or professionals (age limit: 35 years) working in the field of generation and storage of power and heat. The work that is to be honoured in this way can relate either to innovation in the operation of plants, or to important new findings in research.
- The prize is awarded in the two categories "application-oriented" and "future-oriented". It consists of a certificate and 5,000 € in each category.
- The right for proposal is shared by all VGB members and the members of the Scientific Advisory Board of VGB.
- Those making nominations submit a justification of the nomination along with supporting documentation by 30 April of any given year. The achievements on which the nomination is based must have been proved by at least one publication or at least one public lecture by the end of the calendar year preceding the nomination. A thesis is not considered a publication.
- The assessment and decision on nominations is in the responsibility of the Board of Trustees of the VGB Research Foundation. The decision is final and allows no appeal.
- In the case of equal achievements, the award may be divided among several candidates. If no worthy works are proposed, the awarding can be suspended for one or more years. This applies to each of both award categories.
- The award is presented by the Chairman of the VGB Research Foundation on the occasion of the VGB Congress.
- The awardee(s) should report on the selected work in the VGB technical journal.
NOMINATION AND SUBMISSION>
The right for proposal is shared by all VGB members as well as the members of the Scientific Advisory Board of VGB.
Proposals have to comprise
- Proposal form with a summary of the achievement indicating the award category ("application-oriented" or "future-oriented")
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, if applicable
- Copy of the publication the proposal is based on
Submit your candidate proposal by 15 May 2019 at the latest!
- Click here to make your nomination for the Innovation Award 2019
The VGB Innovation Award is awarded on the occasion of the VGB Congress - Innovation in Power Generation.
The award ceremony is on 4 September 2019 in Salzburg, Austria.