Call for Papers
Deadline: 25 September 2020
In the context of the energy transition in a short period of time, the changing requirements in electricity and heat market and the public gas transport network require the timely adjustment of operational and plant engineering concepts for economical, safe and environmentally operation of gas turbines.
In two-year intervals gas turbine experts from operators, manufacturers, planning offices, associations, insurance companies, R&E centers, authorities and corresponding business areas of VGB PowerTech e.V. are invited by VGB PowerTech e.V. for intensifying the exchange of experience, findings and ideas by lectures and comprehensive discussions in the area of gas turbines and the gas turbine operation.
In a wide range of topics, we will address current issues from the operation of old plants, existing plants and new plants, as well as the planning of new gas turbine plants and innovative R&D projects in gas turbine-based energy technology.
For the provided topic portfolio we kindly ask you to submit your proposals for presentations as short description in a reasonable time:
- Energy and environmental policy framework conditions for gas turbine plants, among other topics
- ELV requirements from the amendment to the 13.BImSchV
- CHP law o Requirements from grid expansion
- Gas turbine based storage concepts
- Measures for increasing the effectiveness and its consequences, among others topics
- Reduction of the minimum load by compliance of the emission limit values
- Increase of the load gradients
- Fuel flexibility, e.g. hydrogen, syngas, DME from “power to gas”
- Marketing of old plants and existing plants
- Impact of increased transient loads of the gas turbine on lifetime and frequency of claims
- Maintenance and modernization, among other topics
- Creation and handling of Cr VI linings on gas turbine components
- Concepts for more flexible and longer revision intervals, EOH algorithms
- LTE and upgrade concepts
- Innovative technology and new products, among other things
- Cooling technologies and materials for the hot gas path
- Burner and combustion chamber concepts for emission reduction and H2 co-incineration
- Combustion chamber bypass as innovative concept for increase of flexibility
- Operational and project experiences with gas turbine plants
- Additive manufacturing (3D-printing) and Selective Laser Melting for new production and refurbishment
- Concepts of digitalization for operation and maintenance of gas turbine plants
The conference is accompanied by a trade exhibition, which gives exhibitors the opportunity to present their companies and products.
Become part of the VGB Conference Gas Turbines and Operation of Gas Turbines 2021 and submitt a proposal for a paper online by September 25, 2020!