- Power Plant Technologies
- Materials Testing under Operating Conditions II (KOMET 650), Continuation 183
KOMET 650 - Download
The joint research project (VGB no. 251) was supported by funding from the
German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology under sponsorship
codes 0326882 A to D and 0326874. The responsibility for the contents
of this publication rests with the authors.
Final publication of the five sub-projects in: VGB PowerTech 03/2008 , pp. 36 - 71 (printed in German, English papers available on this page for download). This publication comprises the following articles:
Helmut Meyer, Dieter Erdmann, Peter Moser, Sabine
Polenz: KOMET 650 –
Coal-fired Power Stations with Steam Temperatures up to 650 °C.
Findings from a successful ten-year field test to examine materials for
boiler tubes, pipes, turbines and valves.
- Ralf Uerlings, Udo Bruch †, Helmut Meyer: KOMET 650 – Investigations of the Operational Behaviour of Boiler Materials and their Welded Joints at Temperatures up to 650 °C.
- Peter Körner, Gereon Lüdenbach, Helmut Meyer, Konrad Peters, Ulrich Reiners: KOMET 650 – Findings on the Operational Behaviour of the Pipe Materials Used, and Assessment of the Overall Design in the Light of the Current Regulations.
- Reinhard Knödler, Stefan Straub, Brendon Scarlin: KOMET 650 – Investigation of Materials for Use in Steam Turbines at Temperatures up to 650 °C.
Olaf Tebbenhoff, Dierk von Nordheim, Jochen Saß, Ingo Balkowski: KOMET
650 – Operational Experience with Control Valves in the High
Final reports of the four sub-projects 0326882 A, B and D, as well as 0326874, are available on this page (in German only). The results of the sub-project 0326882 C (Alstom Power Systems GmbH) are summarised in an additional publication (printed in German in VGB PowerTech 09/2008 , pp. 112 – 118; English paper available on this page for download):
- Reinhard Knödler, Stefan Straub and Brendon Scarlin: Oxidation of Steels and Coatings During Exposure in a Bypass of a Steam Power Plant at 605 - 637 °C: Correction and Investigations of the Morphology of the Layers.
|VGB PowerTech Journal, March 2008, KOMET 650 (English version)||2008-03-19||5.57 MB|
|VGB PowerTech Journal, März 2008, KOMET 650 (Deutsche Version)||2008-10-17||11.59 MB|
|VGB PowerTech Journal, September 2008, KOMET 650 (Deutsche Version)||2008-10-28||9.35 MB|
|VGB PowerTech Journal, September 2008, KOMET 650 (English version)||2008-10-28||7.8 MB|
|BMWi 0326874 (Welland & Tuxhorn AG)||2008-10-20||1.35 MB|
|BMWi 0326882A (RWE Power AG)||2008-09-30||86.2 MB|
|BMWi 0326882B (VGB PowerTech e. V.)||2008-09-30||71.95 MB|
|BMWi 0326882D (Technip Germany GmbH)||2008-10-20||0.23 MB|