VGB PowerTech presents new mission statement – “Energy is us”
Shape the energy system of the future with technical competence
For the success of the sustainable and climate-neutral energy system of the future, we now need the initiatives to successfully implement the technologies. VGB PowerTech's new mission statement “Energy is us” illustrates the contribution of the association and its member companies to this ambitious transformation. Vision, mission, goals and values position VGB PowerTech and its efforts, also in the context of energy policy.
The energy system of the future must meet the requirements of security of supply, economic viability and climate and environmental protection. The association's answers to current and future challenges is developed in the "VGB100" strategy project. VGB´s stakeholders have for-mulated the self-image of the association in the now presented mission statement “Energy is us” and define its role as a technical competence centre for the energy system of the future. For VGB, technologies and their implementation are key questions of energy transformation.
The goals of the mission statement, which define future activities of the VGB and with which the VGB will support its members, are:
- To guarantee and develop a high standard of operational and plant safety as well as health and safety at the work,
- improve the environmental protection of plants and their emissions,
- to ensure the optimum availability and reliability of the systems in line with market conditions,
- to optimise efficiency and operating costs of the systems at any stage of their life cycle,
- to transfer energy innovations into economic applications,
- pave the way for a market-oriented expansion of renewable energies,
- to create solutions for the security of energy supply and the stability of the energy system.