Who we are
VGB PowerTech e.V. is the international technical association for generation and storage of power and heat. As voluntary association VGB PowerTech brings together companies, for which the operation of power plants and the corresponding technologies form an important base for their business.
The purpose and mission of VGB is to support the business activities of its member companies for the generation and power plant internal utilization of electricity and heat and of the by-products resulting therefrom.This applies especially for:
- operational and plant security,
- economic efficiency,
- environmental acceptability,
- implementation of new technologies,
- competitiveness of different technologies and
- respective legislation on design, construction and operation of plants.
What we doWe meet our mission by
- providing an international platform for creation, exchange and transfer of technical know-how,
- functioning as a gate keeper and provider of technical know-how for members and relevant lobby-associations,
- defining technical and operational standards elaborated in close cooperation between operators and suppliers,
- identifying and organising joint R&D activities supported by national and international funds,
- providing our members access to a pool of expert knowledge.