The Chemical Investigation covers the chemical issues of Feed-Water-Chemistry, Conditioning Treatment and Operation mode. Chemistry fits well in the Portfolio of the Operational Services.
Summary of the scope of work:
- Investigation of ion-exchange resins in water treatment plants.
- Investigation of water treatment plants to determine the individual capacities.
- Acceptance investigations of new water treatment plants according to the VGB bulleting M-407 G.
- Check of the performance of deaerators in water-steam circuits and optimisation of quantity of lost vapours.
- Check of power station blocks with regard to the possible conversation from an alkaline mode of operation to a combined operation.
- Supervision of district heating networks and water-steam circuits on conversion of the operating mode.
- Check of the formation of protective layers in newly commissioned boilers.
- Check of the corrosion levels in water-steam circuits and initiation of optimisation measures.
- Damage evaluation and processing with respect to possible chemical effects of the damage that has occurred.
- Optimisation of the supervision, of the analysis frequency and of the instrumentation of water-steam circuits.
- Technical advice on the operation of water-steam circuits on addition of so-called hydrazine substitute materials.
- Technical advice on the study of the cause of damage after it has occurred as a result of various types of corrosion.
- Investigation of pipe samples to determine the amount of deposits and cleaning procedures.
- Investigation of pipe samples to determine the amount of residual deposits after pickling.
- Technical advice and supervision of the pickling or chemical cleaning of water-steam circuits.
- Implementation of workshops with the main focus on water treatment, conditioning and frequency of monitoring for the personnel of the power station.
- Implementation of workshops for engineers on "water treatment and aqueous chemistry in steam power stations".