VGB on the Way to the Future Energy System
VGB, the International Association of Energy Plant Operators, outlines in its White Paper the important fields of action for designing the future energy system and which contributions VGB can make to implement this new energy system.
This year VGB PowerTech e.V. is celebrating its 100th anniversary. On the basis of its experience and technical expertise – supported by a network of more than 1,700 experts – the association is looking into the future. With its White Paper “Being Part of the Future Energy System”, VGB presents eight strategic fields of action for the implementation of the supply of sustainable, environmentally friendly, economic and secure energy. All players in the energy sector – from politics, business and society – are called upon to make their contribution to implementing these fields of action.
- Further share increase of renewable energy – especially in the areas of biomass, solar, hydro and wind
- Strengthening of flexibility in the energy system – utilize all flexibility options – electricity grids, Demand Side Management, dispatchable power generation and energy storage options
- Security of supply at any time and thus meeting energy demand of all consumers through dispatchable generation or energy storage
- Recognition of the key function of sector coupling and exploitation of the potentials resulting from connecting technology and processes
- Affordability of energy supply, leading to socio-economic benefits
- Establishment of reliable framework conditions that provide incentives for sustainable, environmentally friendly, economic and secure energy supply
- Use of digitalization as a technological enabler for the future energy system
- Development and expansion of modern energy infrastructure as the foundation of an increasingly decentralized energy system
VGB shows in its White Paper how operators of energy plants can make their contribution to these fields of action and which technological and regulatory framework conditions are needed for designing the future energy system. The paper also assesses the feasibility of technical implementation and the potentials of individual fields of action.
VGB members with their energy plants – with a current installed capacity of more than 300 GW – already make an important contribution to sustainable, environmentally friendly, economic and secure energy supply.
|VGB White Paper Energy-System DEU (08-2020)||2020-08-25||6.45 MB|
|VGB White Paper Energy-System ENG (08-2020)||2020-08-25||8.57 MB|