TG Power Generation Maintenance Optimization Network (PGMON)
Despite competition between Power Generation Companies, the members of the group believe that there continues to be considerable benefits in adopting a co-operative approach to addressing the problems of the future. These benefits have been expanded over the past 10 years through formal and informal contact and exchange of information and experiences.
The changing energy market, deregulation, competition and concern for the environment are key factors both now and in the future. Considerable emphasis is placed on reduction of 0&M costs and increasing efficiency.The members of the group have established as their mission:
- To promote and to facilitate the continuous improvement of overall plant management practices.
- Operations and Maintenance Costs
- Production capability (Availability and RAM data)
- Risk Management
- EDP (Portugal), EDF (France), Vattenfall & Dong (Denmark), ESB (Ireland), RWEnPower (U.K.), KEMA/NRG (Netherlands), E.ON (U.K.), Electrabel & Laborelec (Belgium), IEC (Israel) and VGB representatives.
- Meetings are conducted in English.
New members (who must be members of VGB) are welcome.
Terms of ReferencesIncrease maintainability and availability by maintenance optimisation as a function of the operation conditions: